The RN will be required to provide general nursing care in a behavioral health setting. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- assessing the patients’ physical needs
- checking and transcribing physicians’ orders in a timely fashion,
- administering medication
- admit/discharge and transfer patients based on physician orders
- assisting with procedures and physical exams
- conducting checks of treatment rooms for required equipment and ensuring its functionality
- recording appropriate progress notes and other data into the patients’ medical record
- supervising non-professional nursing staff
- drawing blood, collect vital signs, etc.
- License and current registration to practice as a Registered Nurse in NYS.
- Current CPR card.
- At least 1 year of experience in a behavioral health setting preferred
- Degree in nursing or in one of the following preferred Human Services field: Counseling, Community Mental Health, Psychology, Recreation Therapy, Rehab, and Social work