Position Type: Temp
Location: Romulus, NY
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 9:00am-5:00pm
The position is held in a maximum security correctional facility, under the supervision of Central New York Psychiatric Center(CNYPC). Requiring Registered Nurse for medication administration and management. Will be required to send copy of current license, registration and background check once selected. Candidate will be required to submit proof of TB testing and recent flu shot. Candidate will be also subject to CNYPC orientation and Department of Corrections and Community Service( DOCCS) orientation.
Job duties to include, but not limited to:
1. When RN arrives, gets verbal report from the nurse who worked the satellite unit.
2. Process the MD orders (i.e. input the orders into CNET, print updated MARs, verify new MARs with 2nd RN)
3. Medicate the patients in RCTP OB, RCTP Dorm, Long term care, infirmary Therapeutic Behavioral Unit (TBU) and General population incarcerated individuals. (GP)
4. Document medications given, and refused
5. Control and tool count (with 2nd nurse)
6. Stock medication accountability- count stock medications and document on the appropriate form
7. Assess patients brought to the satellite unit, admit to RCTP if needed (documenting RCTP admission form)
8. Document RCTP nursing progress notes.