Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse Supervisor 1 Psy or Registered Nurse 2 Psy, RN will serve as members of a multidisciplinary team performing a variety of nursing and client care activities designed to ensure that clients receive all necessary care in accordance with the nursing care plan, established protocols and standards of health care consistent with licensing standards and NYS regulations.
• Provides direct nursing care to clients, including comprehensive admission assessments, dispensing medication, providing physician-ordered medical treatment, collection of specimens for laboratory analysis or culture. ·
• Provides health education to clients, monitors client behavior .
• Assesses the needs of clients, which can include an assessment of care received, services available, and work environments to identify potential obstacles to success.
• Handles crisis intervention with clients (psychological, physiological and behavioral).
• Maintains accurate and detailed reports and records electronically and/or physically as appropriate.
• Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment;