The Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) Special Assistant is a new temporary position in the u the State’s integrated housing agency. The group consists of the State of New York Mortgage Agency, the Affordable Housing Corporation, the Office of Community Renewal, and the Governor’s Office of Faith-Based Community Development.
We are seeking a team member to fill a unique new role in support of the Federally funded HAF. The HAF Special Assistant will report to the Chief of Staff and will oversee the program’s sub-recipient(s) and vendor(s) to ensure program success. The position will have two direct reports who will also be temporary staff, working on the program for up to one (1) year.
• Manages sub-recipient to meet the scopes and goals outlined in their contract;
• Supervises two direct reports (HAF Program Managers) in their support of the program and the following collective duties:
• Manages the detailed throughput of applications;
• Reviews and approves program materials drafted by sub-recipient, including policy and procedure manuals and communications to applicants;
• Assists HTFC staff in processing sub-recipient invoices;
• Assists HTFC staff in creating required reports to Treasury;
• Conducts daily and weekly check-ins between HTFC and sub-recipient, to monitor program progress.
• Coordinates with HTFC’s quality control staff and finance division.
• Drafts memos, correspondence, reports, manuals, presentations or other documents, as needed.
• Conducts presentations and/or assist with preparation for community development meetings, conferences, webinars and workshops.
• Facilitates communication related to HAF, when needed, with mortgage servicers, mortgage investors - both private and the government sponsored entities (GSEs), local taxing authorities, cooperative boards, homeowners’ associations, industry trade associations and other industry stakeholders.
• Manages applicant case escalation/resolution, when needed.
• Assists HTFC staff in addressing constituent inquiries and communications to elected officials in coordination with HTFC’s government relations staff.
Minimum Qualifications and Desired Skills
• Bachelor's degree in humanities, urban planning, business, or another related field. Master’s degree preferred.
• A minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in project management or real estate finance.
• Demonstrated understanding of affordable housing programs in NY State, and familiarity with homeownership preservation interventions. Understands and assure compliance with federal program rules and regulations.
• Affinity toward technology and ability to perform basic data analytics.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with attention to detail and professionalism in all communications.
• Well organized and self-motivated with ability to work under pressure, while prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
• Comprehensive experience with Microsoft Office. Specifically: Word and Excel
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will be expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned.