Position Type: Temp
Agency: New York State agency that provides financial support.
Location: New York, NY
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 9:00am-5:00pm
The agency is looking for a motivated and analytically driven Statistical Assistant to be part of the Research & Innovation Division specializing in Virtual Currency. This highly visible position will report directly to the Virtual Currency Data Governance Director and will play a critical role in driving the transformation of data and business processes and practices within the division. This position will be tasked with creating, maintaining, and enhancing automated data solutions for the Virtual Currency and Limited Purpose Trust Units and will coordinate closely with IT, Data Governance, and various Virtual Currency stakeholders within the agency.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Closely collaborate with data stakeholders across the VC and LPT Units to drive decision making processes and facilitate discussions to address outstanding items.
• Use technical expertise to automate manual processes and reporting.
• Compile and compute data according to statistical formulas for use in data analysis and/or statistical studies.
• Work with complex data sets to understand problems and recommend procedures while using various analytical and statistical approaches.
• Use business intelligence software to create dashboards and visualize data.
• Prepare business analytics and assists in preparing data governance metrics and reporting
• Conduct research and analysis of data at DFS, its definitions and usage, system flows, and key challenges and opportunities
• Assist in preparation of reports, as needed
• Develop documentation including reference guides, how-to(s), summaries, reports, meeting minutes, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, actuarial sciences, auditing, banking, business, business administration, business and technology, commerce, computer science, cyber security, econometrics, economics, finance, financial administration, information systems, information systems engineering, information technology, internal controls, data management, data science, computational sciences, statistics, market analysis, mathematics, public administration, public policy, risk management, taxation, or technology, and four (4) or more years of financial services experience in one or more of the following:
• Statistical Data Analysis
• Data Governance & Management
• Business Analytics
• Data Visualization
• Data and/or Information Security
• Data Quality
• Metrics and Reporting
• Internal Controls and Process Re-engineering
• Financial Risk Management
Substitutions: A J.D. or a Master's Degree may substitute for one (1) year of specialized experience; and a Ph.D. may
substitute for two years of specialized experience