Tech support specialist
The successful candidates should be dependable, highly motivated, detail-oriented, and comfortable working autonomously and as part of a team. They will assist with data and technology functions related to the Bureau of EMS including:
• Daily monitoring of data reporting from ePCR software vendors;
• Daily documenting and tracking quality of data s submitted addressing data submission errors with prescribed responses;
• Monthly tracking of paper PCR requests from EMS Program Agencies;
• Monthly tracking of paper PCR submissions from EMS Program Agencies to the data entry vendor;
• Weekly/Monthly monitoring of the Paper PCR Portal Utilization;
• Tracking and monitoring technology projects within the Data and Informatics Unit;
• Maintaining agency and regional reporting from PubPal (Drupal) survey to allow for agency specific data to help analyze 911 and IFT capabilities across NYS;
• Tracking regional elite state data flow statistics to identify gaps in submission and data quality concerns;
• Tracking and testing validation rules developed for the updated NYS Data Standard; and
• Tracking training and education programming for standard implementation.
The successful candidates will also be periodically asked to assist with event set-up and management related to Bureau activities.
Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel; the ability to work independently, the ability to work on a team and handle multiple, shifting priorities; good organizational skills; comfort with speaking on the phone, and strong familiarity working in electronic databases.
Preferred qualifications include familiarity with and knowledge of the EMS system in NYS, familiarity with the NEMSIS database and prior experience working in a New York State Department of Health or Emergency Management environment.
Penda Aiken, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
SUBS SUBMIT BY 03-16-2023