Vendor Vetting Analyst
Location : New York NY
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Start Date : 03/31/2021
Hours : Full Time
Job Description :
- The candidate will be responsible for collecting, maintaining and dissemination of vendor performance data, coordinate all activities relating to responsibility hearings and other vendor associated meetings.
- Ensure that vendor background checks are performed for prime and subcontractors and are accurate, complete and timely. Interact with departments/divisions and corporate firms/entities to collect and disseminate information relating to vendor qualification and performance-related issues.
- Ensure timely completion, integrity and daily availability of vendor performance data.
- Working though integration with multiple departments/divisions and corporate firms/entities the Vendor Vetting Analyst shall provide services and resources as needed to support the vendor background checks of vendors for various projects including the LIRR Expansion Project.
- Trained to draft Significant Adverse Information memorandum which details negative vendor/contractor information, how it may impact the Agency and offer recommendations on how a vendor is/is not found to be responsible.
- The memo is sent to the Organization's President, details alleged local/state/federal law violations, remedial steps taken and/or proposed of the vendor to proceed with the issuance of a contract award.
- This research enables the President, legal counsel and board members to make contract award decisions and mitigate potential losses associated with allegations against a vendor and/or reputational damage.
- Frequently been tasked with deep dive research looking for indictments, plea agreements, non-prosecution agreements and deferred prosecution agreements using various court record databases including PACER.
- These documents also assist in the decision making process of awarding contracts and provide historical documentation needed in determining vendor responsibility and responsiveness.
Required Qualifications :
Requirements: Education Requirements: A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in finance, business or public administration, accounting, journalism, engineering, operations research, economics or a related field. Skills and Experience Requirements: Five years of experience and two years at the managerial or supervisory level or satisfactory equivalent of education and experience Experience in database management, along with knowledge of computer software including MS Office, particularly Access Experience in conducting data searches utilizing public databases such as Westlaw, Lexis/Nexis and Hoovers Experience in managing multiple task in a fast-paced environment Strong analytical, quantitative and supervisory skills Ability to communicate effectively with all staff levels as well as provide execute briefings as required Excellent written and communication skills Client Requirments.